Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Confucius Sayings

A fool despises good counsel, but a wise man takes it to heart.

Honeyed words and flattering looks seldom speak of love.

In learning and straightway practicing is there not pleasure also?

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.

Not to be known should not grieve you: grieve that ye know not men.

To love benevolence without loving learning is bound to lead to foolishness.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Study as if you were never to master it; as if in fear of losing it.

To be fond of learning is near to wisdom.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

Silence is a friend who will never betray.

They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.


From : Confucius Sayings

No comments: